:: Re: [DNG] Critical CVE?
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Martin Steigerwald
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Critical CVE?
Hi.

the pterodactyl - 26.09.24, 16:12:06 CEST:
> > Even then a re-install makes no sense. Stop/uninstall the CUPS
> > browserd and be done with it.

I meant this to close the security hole *before* an attack is successful.
For that a reinstall is not needed.

> I beg to disagree. If one's box has been root compromised (say,
> through CUPS browserd, but the method of attack in this scenario is not
> important) then *any* and/or *all* executables on the system may have
> been altered or have altered behavior. It is catastrophic! […]

I may have misunderstood you:

I thought you were suggesting a reinstall to avoid an intrusion.

And that was non-sensical for me.

I agree: After an intrusion of course a reinstallation is needed.

Best,
--
Martin