:: Re: [DNG] Imap folders [Was So what…
Top Pagina
Auteur: dvalin
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Imap folders [Was So what desktop do you use?]
On 22.09.24 23:03, terryc wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Sep 2024 12:31:15 +0200

> Didier Kryn < kryn@??? > wrote:

> > Le 22/09/2024 à 06:22, terryc a écrit :

> > > .snip..

Since back in last century, I've used fetchmail to bring in my email,

polling the ISP every 10 minutes. On delivery, procmail sorts it into a

score of delivery mailboxes, from which mutt then presents those with

new mail in my preferred priority order.

The other 1318 mail folders are topic-specific archives, e.g. 103 on

vim, 72 on mutt, and 472 on linuxcnc. Despite keeping perhaps 1% of

received emails, there's 140,179 retained posts. That'd doubtless not

exhaust inodes these days, but I use classical mbox format, so no issue, other than a line of awk to help count the emails.

Having not tweaked the procmail rules in a good part of a decade, I'd be

a little bit rusty now.

For four decades or more, my desktop has been 4 overlapping xterms,

yellow on darkslategrey, colours which have remained constant in tone

and name from HP-UX and Solaris to Linux. It is restful on the eye.

I've used LXDE and Gnome, without noticing any difference, but I kwon't

kuse KDE kjust kbecause that sort of thing serves no rational purpose.

The only GUI apps I use are firefox, kicad, xpdf, and rarely libreoffice

to import a document created with vim, and fontify it a bit for muggles.

(When I spent a winter drawing plans for an owner-build, I couldn't fathom how to draw a simple box in gimp, so created the 8 drawings by writing 896 lines of postscript.)

Erik