:: Re: [DNG] Re (2): So what desktop d…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: onefang
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Re (2): So what desktop do you use?
On 2024-09-21 21:03:38, Didier Kryn wrote:
>    Le 21/09/2024 à 19:44, Peter via Dng a écrit :

> Web access for personal banking is convenient but involvement of
> JavaScript is bad policy. With some policies in Europe being more
> progressive than N. Am. I wonder whether outlawing of JavaScript in
> financial communication is considered.
>
>        I would like to see that, but I bet the developpers of banking web
>    services are the same as the other professional web developpers: they use
>    IDEs which automatically insert javascripts and access to ready made web
>    resources like googleapis and cloudfront. They produce junk and are unable
>    to do a better job, because using pure HTML/CSS would imply more work and
>    more learning, therefore less productivity and higher salaries.

My banks web site can't load the "pay someone" page in Firefox-ESR, it
spins a wheel for a minute or two, then just returns to the previous
page. I have to use their "pay several someones" page, but only pay one
person.

I'd like to see policies like that in Australia. But even government
websites I have to use regularly suffer from similar problems.