:: Re: [DNG] So what desktop do you us…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] So what desktop do you use?
On Sat, Sep 21, 2024 at 10:55:32AM +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> So far KMail/Akonadi did not learn the trick Zimbra was using. It just
> said: "Ah you like to see this folder? Well I give you the first 2000 mails
> and only if you scroll down I give you more".

That reminds me of a friend of mine who implemented a special-purpose query
language for a textual data base.
Hidden within the query languag was a full-fledged lazy-evaluation
functional programming language.
Queries were executed laxily.
The result was that one ended up seeing the first few (usually wrong) results
long before the search was complete, and one could easily cancel
the search and correct the query.

-- hendrik