:: [DNG] Premounting a partition other…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Marc Shapiro
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: [DNG] Premounting a partition other than /usr
Several years ago I was trying to premount a separate partition for
/lib/modules.  I have multiple releases bootable on the system and I
wanted a single place to store the modules, since they can take up a lot
of disk space.

I tried everything that I could think of, or find online, but nothing
worked.  I gave up on it, then, all of a sudden, it was premounting!
The odd thing is that it is NOT being done the same as /usr (in
/usr/share/initramfs-tools/init). In fact, since I had given up on it
there is NO entry for it at all in /etc/fstab!

It has been this was since Daedalus, maybe since Chimaera, and is still
premounting without an /etc/fstab entry in Excalibur (although it is on
/usr/lib/modules in Excalibur).

Does anyone have any idea how this could be happening? I'm not
complaining, since it was what I originally wanted to do, but I would
like to know HOW it is happening. Even / has to have an entry in fstab.
How can this be mounting without an entry?

Marc