:: Re: [Bricolabs] We are all a lot wi…
Página Principal
Autor: Carsten Agger
Para: Bricolabs
Assunto: Re: [Bricolabs] We are all a lot wiser and not in a bad shape it seems.I
Hello everyone,

I'd like to send my own summary, but for now I'll limit myself to saying
that I quite agree with JNM here:

On 9/13/24 13:14, Jean-Noël Montagné wrote:

[snip]

> In summary, for me, both sectors of AI and IOT are moribund. They will
> continue to abuse the capitalist gallery, and a few non-politicized
> hackers, for a few more years, continuing to destroy our environment
> and our resources, and accelerating the collapse. But I will not spend
> another joule of energy, not a single neuron to promote their
> development. As I said in 2010, by organizing the hacker festival
> Estive Numérique, we have reached a "digital peak", a technological
> level sufficient to divert or stop the collective march towards
> disaster, without amplifying the climate crisis which will in any case
> impact societies very badly.
> http://web.archive.org/web/20100711143828/http://www.estivenumerique.org/editorial-engl.

I agree. I don't believe in the promises of the hugely
ressource-consuming LLM/"AI" technology as currently unleashed - it's
largely hype and scams, for laughs I often frequent https://pivot-to-ai.com/

[snip]
> Looking forward to seeing you soon on video on my 2006 computer, I
> will go through my VPN so that Zoom does not retrieve my metadata…

Why Zoom? If we're supposed to be free software people, I mean. There
are so many free and better alternatives, such as Jitsi and BigBlueButton.

--
Carsten Agger - agger@???

https://fsfe.org --- https://blogs.fsfe.org/agger/

FSFE Denmark Coordinator, General Assembly & European Team Member

Free Software, Free Society!