:: Re: [DNG] So what desktop do you us…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Alessandro Vesely
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Régi témák: [DNG] So what desktop do you use?
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] So what desktop do you use?
On Mon 15/Jul/2024 11:23:07 +0200 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Hi!
>
> As it popped up repeatedly in the KDE thread: Quite some of you use
> something different as KDE's Plasma. For various, I am sure, good reasons.
>
> I am curious: What do you use… and why? What are your practical
> experiences with what you use? Are there any challenges?

Ops, I understand I'm late to the party, however, since no one mentioned
OpenBox, let me say I use it.

I only have a digital clock in the upper left corner, and a right-click menu
with a couple of custom entries. I launch Thunderbird and Firefox from the
terminal (and occasionally look at their output), as well as two Geany
sessions, one for root and one for my user, each with lots of open files.

That is very simple and clean for me. I freeze the PC when I leave it, and I
find it ready at slock waiting for my password before the coffee is ready when
I come back.

Best
Ale