:: [devuan-dev] No login package in ex…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: devuan developers internal list
Betreff: [devuan-dev] No login package in excalibur? Why?
Hi all,

Our devuan/migrated:excalibur-slim Docker image builds have been failing
since 2024-08-28 with

E: Release 'excalibur' for 'login' was not found

A similar situation for ceres occurred on 2024-08-06 and 2024-08-07 but
went away on 2024-08-08 and devuan/migrated:ceres-slim has been updating
fine since.

When I first saw this happening for excalibur I thought it would go away
after a couple of days. After all, login had just been devuanized and
needed a bit of time to migrate to excalibur.

It's been two weeks now and it is still not available in excalibur.

# The fact that a new version entered ceres on 2024-09-10 is probably
# not going to help :-(

I cannot find any bugs for login. Other binary packages from the same
util-linux source have transitioned to excalibur, e.g. eject, fdisk and
mount. Why is login not migrating?

Does it need a nudge? Or does it have anything to do with the fact the
login in daedalus comes from the shadow source package?

# The same source package change happened between Debian's bookworm and
# trixie, FWIW.

FTR, the script that performs the migration from debian:trixie-slim to
devuan/migrated:excalibur-slim makes sure that *all* packages that end
up in the migrated image are available from Devuan APT sources. It will
(attempt to) downgrade if need be and, failing that, refuse to build the
devuan/migrated image.

Looking for an answer/solution,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen