:: Re: [DNG] Why use Exim?
Kezdőlap
Szerző: dvalin
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] Why use Exim?
On 31.08.24 16:58, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> Steve Litt - 31.08.24, 16:12:00 CEST:

> > Several disadvantages of Exim were discussed in a different thread. So

> > my question: Why use Exim instead of Postfix or Qmail?

> This evades me. I have no idea.

> First thing with any new installation that has Exim on it is to replace it

> by Postfix.

Same here. After decades of sendmail, I switched to postfix back in '06.

It has a useful degree of sendmail compatibility, obviating the need to

come up to speed with newfangled stuff immediately.

The postfix mailing list was great back then, maybe still is. My 18 year

old configs make a new install easy. My habit is to use fetchmail,

delivering to postfix.

But circumstances have circumscribed send options. My ISP has handed

mail off to another company, and while fetching works, all I have for

sending is their web MUA, ugly beast that it is.

Why do people always need to change stuff?

Erik