:: [DNG] DMA Dragonfly Mail Agent (was…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Olaf Meeuwissen
Dátum:
Címzett: sawbona
CC: dng
Régi témák: Re: [DNG] Why use Exim?
Tárgy: [DNG] DMA Dragonfly Mail Agent (was Re: Why use Exim?)
Hi,

altoid via Dng <dng@???> writes:

> [...], I had no idea how complex Exim was and quickly
> concluded that it was orders of magnitude more than I would ever need
> in a workstation/desktop environment.
>
> That being the case, I went looking for a lightweight alternative and
> came across DragonFly Mail Agent (aka DragonFly BSD).
>
> Seems it was designed for home and office use which was enough for me
> but what had me right away were the BSD credentials and the small
> footprint.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DragonFly_BSD
> https://github.com/corecode/dma#dma----dragonfly-mail-agent

I've been using dma for ages to get mail off all of my machines that
don't need to receive mail, not via SMTP at least. On those machines
I use getmail6 to pull mail from my remote mailboxen onto the local
mailbox (and keep the remote one in check sizewise).
# I used to use fetchmail for that.

> Installed in a jiffiy, worked out of the box without any issues,
> delivers as expected.

Unless your mail client generates lines longer than 998 characters[1] or
folds headers at the "wrong" place[2].

[1]: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=983916
[2]: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=748901

> [...]