:: Re: [DNG] Exim 4.94 (Daedalus backp…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: sawbona
To: Brad Campbell via Dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] Exim 4.94 (Daedalus backports) heads-up
Hello:

On 30 Aug 2024 at 16:52, Brad Campbell via Dng wrote:

> ... exim broke in non-obvious ways ...

Quite so.

But you are not alone.
Been there, suffered the consequences and dealt with the fallout.

> ... entirely non-obvious and poorly documented.

To say the least.

Although I beg to differ on *poorly*, which I consider to be a huge
understatement. 8^/

If interested, here is a recount of what I went through when this
mess affected my workstation three years ago:

https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?pid=30412#p30412

After I understood what had happened, I reported the problem (with as
much detail as possible) as a bug:

Do have a look.
Makes for *very* interesting reading.
Particularly on how to waste time doing such a thing.

[quote=bugs.debian.org]
... there is nothing the Debian exim maintainers can to other than
to pop up a warning which we actually already do. And no, three weeks
before a planned release date we are not going to change the wording
of this warning.
[/quote]

8^D !!!!!

[OT]
My box runs Devuan Daedalus and has no need for an MTA as complex as
Exim and I expect that well over 80% of Devuan users are in the same
boat.

So, to avoid further annoyances/grief, I purged all traces of Exim
from my boxes and installed DMA (Dragonfly Mail Agent) which has
worked perfectly well from the get go.

In my opinion, it should be the default MTA for Daedalus.

See https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=33516918
[/OT]

Best,

A.