:: Re: [DNG] updating postgresql and x…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: o1bigtenor
Cc: Devuan ML
Asunto: Re: [DNG] updating postgresql and x2go using apt
I read through your response very very carefully - - - further
comments/questions are interleaved!

On Sat, Aug 24, 2024 at 7:26 PM Tom <wirelessduck@???> wrote:

> On 24 Aug 2024, at 06:39, o1bigtenor via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>

> Greetings
>
> Postgresql has an apt repository.
> Except its only related to either Debian or Ubuntu.
>
> So If I include
>
> deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ bookworm-pgdg main
>
> in /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> I get on an #apt update
>
> E: The repository 'http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt daedalus-pgdg
> Release' does not have a Release file.
>

> This error is suggesting that your sources.list configuration is still
> wrong.
>
> I always follow the documentation on apt.postgresql.org which in a web
> browser will redirect to Postgres wiki at
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt
>
> Remove all your existing postgresql apt sources and follow the quickstart
> there. You need a slight modification to set the Debian codename for the
> setup script.
>
> This is part of what I use in my automation to install Postgres from the
> upstream repository:
>
> - - - - 8< - - - -
>
> # Use tzdata package to get the debian release codename
>
> debian_codename=$(dpkg --status tzdata | grep Provides | cut -f2 -d'-')
>

> postgresql_version="16"
>

> # Install postgresql-common
>
> apt install -y postgresql-common
>

> # Enable data checksums for new clusters:
>
> sed -i "s/#initdb_options = ''/initdb_options = '--data-checksums'/"
> /etc/postgresql-common/createcluster.conf
>

> # Configure postgresql repository
>
> /usr/share/postgresql-common/pgdg/apt.postgresql.org.sh -y
> "${debian_codename}"

This is where the problem resides - - - - note the "${debian_codename}" in
both line 2 and 13 - - - I am working on a devuan
(daedalus) system and this is one area where I haven't been able to get the
system to use what is automagically correct.
The Postgresql apt repository has NO mention of anything Devuan only Debian
and Ubuntu.

> # Install postgresql
>
> apt update
>
> apt install -y "postgresql-${postgresql_version}"
>

> - - - - 8< - - - -
>
> So - - - - what do I do for a Debian to Devuan workaround?
>
> For x2go - - it seems to be a different kind of problem.
> Following is the error message.
>
> W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is
> not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error:
> http://packages.x2go.org/debian bullseye InRelease: The following
> signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
> NO_PUBKEY E1F958385BFE2B6E
>
> Sadly x2gos docs are rather outdated and I can't find a way to update what
> I have to what is needed.
>
> Is there some apt guru who would be able to advise?
>

> That error suggests you haven’t installed their repository gpg key
> correctly. Unfortunately their docs appear to be a bit outdated and suggest
> using apt-key which is either deprecated or no longer working.
>
> https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:repositories:debian
>
> sudo gpg --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --no-default-keyring
> --keyring /etc/apt/keyrings/x2go.gpg --recv-keys E1F958385BFE2B6E
>
> It should download the gpg key into /etc/apt/keyrings. I coped the gpg
> fingerprint from their docs but I’m not sure it’s in the correct format.
> Try and see if it works.
>
> Then update the first part of each line in the x2go.sources file to use
> the gpg key:
>
> deb [signed-by=/etc/apt/keyrings/x2go.gpg]

The problem is that keyrings have been deprecated.
Instead one is to use trusted.gpg.d which is different.
I have not been able to find a way to add the whatevers to
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d which is where things are supposed to be placed now.
(Noticed that you are using keyserver.ubuntu - - - you did notice that I
was doing this on a Devuan system - - - yes?)

So - - - I have not been able to solve my apt issues - - - please?

TIA