:: Re: [DNG] updating postgresql and x…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Tom
To: o1bigtenor
CC: Devuan ML
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] updating postgresql and x2go using apt

> On 24 Aug 2024, at 06:39, o1bigtenor via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>

> Greetings
>
> Postgresql has an apt repository.
> Except its only related to either Debian or Ubuntu.
>
> So If I include
>
> deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ bookworm-pgdg main
>
> in /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> I get on an #apt update
>
> E: The repository 'http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt daedalus-pgdg Release' does not have a Release file.

This error is suggesting that your sources.list configuration is still wrong.

I always follow the documentation on apt.postgresql.org which in a web browser will redirect to Postgres wiki at https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt

Remove all your existing postgresql apt sources and follow the quickstart there. You need a slight modification to set the Debian codename for the setup script.

This is part of what I use in my automation to install Postgres from the upstream repository:

- - - - 8< - - - -

# Use tzdata package to get the debian release codename
debian_codename=$(dpkg --status tzdata | grep Provides | cut -f2 -d'-')

postgresql_version="16"

# Install postgresql-common
apt install -y postgresql-common

# Enable data checksums for new clusters:
sed -i "s/#initdb_options = ''/initdb_options = '--data-checksums'/" /etc/postgresql-common/createcluster.conf

# Configure postgresql repository
/usr/share/postgresql-common/pgdg/apt.postgresql.org.sh -y "${debian_codename}"

# Install postgresql
apt update
apt install -y "postgresql-${postgresql_version}"

- - - - 8< - - - -

> So - - - - what do I do for a Debian to Devuan workaround?
>
> For x2go - - it seems to be a different kind of problem.
> Following is the error message.
>
> W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: http://packages.x2go.org/debian bullseye InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY E1F958385BFE2B6E
>
> Sadly x2gos docs are rather outdated and I can't find a way to update what I have to what is needed.
>
> Is there some apt guru who would be able to advise?

That error suggests you haven’t installed their repository gpg key correctly. Unfortunately their docs appear to be a bit outdated and suggest using apt-key which is either deprecated or no longer working.

https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:repositories:debian

sudo gpg --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --no-default-keyring --keyring /etc/apt/keyrings/x2go.gpg --recv-keys E1F958385BFE2B6E

It should download the gpg key into /etc/apt/keyrings. I coped the gpg fingerprint from their docs but I’m not sure it’s in the correct format. Try and see if it works.

Then update the first part of each line in the x2go.sources file to use the gpg key:

deb [signed-by=/etc/apt/keyrings/x2go.gpg]

Tom