:: Re: [DNG] install mongodb 6.0.x
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Bob Proulx
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] install mongodb 6.0.x
Ismael L. Donis Garcia wrote:
> No, version 6 is not in daedalus. In fact I don't think there is one.

As I understand it the license on MongoDB is considered non-free and
therefore it is not in the Debian/Devuan repositories.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Side_Public_License

> And I need to install version 6 since it is required by a software
> that they sent me to install

Bummer! If you need it then you will need to port it.

> And I don't remember where I downloaded it from, since I have to
> search thousands of sites to download it because the official site is
> blocked for my country

This reads to me very scary. Because it also means no ongoing
security support either.

I think this means that if you need it that you would need to support
it yourself.

> I installed systemctl and it installs fine but the service does not start

I am guessing you are talking about this "systemctl" package.

    https://packages.debian.org/sid/systemctl

I know little about that script other than that it was designed for
use in containers.

>     When I try it I get the following error:
>     root@ser-prod:~# dpkg -i mongodb-org-server_6.0.9_amd64.deb
>     (Reading database ... 18251 files and directories currently installed.)
>     Preparing to unpack mongodb-org-server_6.0.9_amd64.deb ...
>     Setting up mongodb-org-server (6.0.9) ...
>     /var/lib/dpkg/info/mongodb-org-server.postinst: 44: systemctl: not found
>     root@ser-prod:~#

I would examine /var/lib/dpkg/info/mongodb-org-server.postinst and
look around the area of line 44 and see what it is trying to do. Most
likely it is simply trying to start or restart the mongodb daemon. If
it were me I might try hacking on that script to avoid calling
systemctl at all. Then dpkg-reconfigure the package in order to get
it into an installed state without install errors. Then try starting
the daemon from the command line. If it works then construct a
standard init script for it using that information.

Bob