:: Re: [DNG] problems accessing a DVD/…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: karl
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] problems accessing a DVD/Blu-ray drive
olbigtenor:
> On Mon, Aug 19, 2024 at 4:52 PM <karl@???> wrote:
> > olbigtenor:
> > > I guess I haven't used the drive/burner since I set up the system about 2
> > > years ago.

> > Current cd/dvd-drives uses sata connectors, I guess you have one of
> > theese. If you have an IDE or older one there is an old howto at:
> > https://tldp.org/HOWTO/text/CDROM-HOWTO
> >
> > Check that it is properly connected (press eject button, does it
> > make sound at boot, does the led react).
> >

> eject works, sound not working (by plan - - - its a machine with no
> speakers!!!),
> leds react

Ok, that means that power is connected to the drive.

Can you check what kind of interface the drive have, does it have
. sata connectors https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sata
. ide connectors, 40 pin header type
. or something else

> > You need CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SR (selected under "Device Drivers"-> "SCSI
> > device support"->"SCSI CDROM support" if you are compiling the kernel
> > yourself. Check if you have it with something like:
> > $ grep CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SR /boot/config-4.19.277-rt122-rt
> > CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SR=m
> > $
> > in your running kernel's config file (probably have some other name).
> >
> >  If you have it as a module, check that it is loaded:
> >   $ lsmod | grep sr_mod
> >   sr_mod                 28672  0
> >   cdrom                  45056  1 sr_mod

> nothing like this available (null response from the command line)

Ok, let's stop here for the moment, we have to find out:
1, the drive's interface type
2, the data cable is attached correctly
3, what kernel you have

What kernel do you have, can you send me (privetly) its config file.

What happens if you do;
# modprobe sr_mod

# dpkg -l linux-image\*

# ls -l /boot