:: Re: [DNG] problems accessing a DVD/…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: o1bigtenor
CC: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] problems accessing a DVD/Blu-ray drive
On Mon, Aug 19, 2024 at 7:43 PM Wm. Moss via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> I've not been following this thread but have encountered similar
> problems on other systems. I would suggest going back to basics booting
> to the firmware and checking to make sure the hardware sees the device.
> If so, boot on a vanilla USB Linux, for example GNU System rescue and
> see if it sees the device. Assuming this all works, boot your normal
> system and try one of the hardware listing applications (e.g., lshw). If
> the device is connected to a SATA port, lsscsi may prove useful. If USB,
> then lsusb.

lshw gives

 *-sata
                      product: ASMedia Technology Inc.
                      vendor: ASMedia Technology Inc.
                      physical id: 0
                      bus info: pci@0000:05:00.0
                      logical name: scsi2
                      logical name: scsi3
                      logical name: scsi16
                      logical name: scsi17
                      version: 02
                      width: 32 bits
                      clock: 33MHz
                      capabilities: sata pm msi pciexpress ahci_1.0
bus_master cap_list rom emulated
                      configuration: driver=ahci latency=0
                      resources: irq:119 memory:fc982000-fc983fff
memory:fc980000-fc981fff memory:fc900000-fc97ffff

which drives are my raid-10 array

no mention of sr or sg or cdr