:: Re: [DNG] problems accessing a DVD/…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: o1bigtenor
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] problems accessing a DVD/Blu-ray drive
On Mon, Aug 19, 2024 at 4:52 PM <karl@???> wrote:

> olbigtenor:
> > I guess I haven't used the drive/burner since I set up the system about 2
> > years ago.
> >
> > Can't find the DVD drive at all.
> > Added libcdio-utils and still no joy.
> >
> > It has been so long since I've had a problem in this area that I can't
> > remember even how to find anything.
> > Also can't find anything in /media (!!!).
> >
> > Suggestions on how to trouble shoot?
>
> Current cd/dvd-drives uses sata connectors, I guess you have one of
> theese. If you have an IDE or older one there is an old howto at:
> https://tldp.org/HOWTO/text/CDROM-HOWTO
>
> Check that it is properly connected (press eject button, does it
> make sound at boot, does the led react).

eject works, sound not working (by plan - - - its a machine with no
speakers!!!),
leds react

> You need CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SR (selected under "Device Drivers"-> "SCSI
> device support"->"SCSI CDROM support" if you are compiling the kernel
> yourself. Check if you have it with something like:
> $ grep CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SR /boot/config-4.19.277-rt122-rt
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SR=m
> $
> in your running kernel's config file (probably have some other name).
>
>  If you have it as a module, check that it is loaded:
>   $ lsmod | grep sr_mod
>   sr_mod                 28672  0
>   cdrom                  45056  1 sr_mod

nothing like this available (null response from the command line)

$
> Check that the /dev file is available:
> $ ls -l /dev/scd0
> brw-rw---- 1 root cdrom 11, 0 Apr 5 2022 /dev/scd0

same as previous

>   $
>  As can be seen in your kernels source dir's
>  Documentation/admin-guide/devices.txt:
>   11 block      SCSI CD-ROM devices
>                   0 = /dev/scd0         First SCSI CD-ROM
>                   1 = /dev/scd1         Second SCSI CD-ROM

>                 The prefix /dev/sr (instead of /dev/scd) has been
> deprecated.

neither /dev/scd nor /dev/sro there is only sg0 to sg6

> the device file should have major 11, minor 0 unless you have more
> than one drive. Also check that you have rw permissions set.
> As can seen above, my /dev/scd0 belongs to group cdrom, check
> that your user is a member, it is nice to be able to handle it
> as an user:
> $ groups
> ... cdrom ...

this is present (yippee)

>  If you have sg_map available, you can check that the drive is seen:
>   # sg_map -x -i | grep cd0
>   /dev/sg2  3 0 0 0  5  /dev/scd0  ASUS      DRW-24F1ST   a    1.00
>  or simply check with:
>   # cat /proc/scsi/scsi

no /proc/scsi nevermind /proc/scsi/scsi

>   Host: scsi3 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
>     Vendor: ASUS     Model: DRW-24F1ST   a   Rev: 1.00
>     Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI  SCSI revision: 05
>  And no, you don't need any sg-something installed to use the drive,
>  it's just some nice tools for troubleshooting.

> To check that you can read anything from the drive, put a cd or dvd
> (with something on it) in the drive, wait for the drive to be ready,
> and try:
> # file -s /dev/scd0
> /dev/scd0: UDF filesystem data (version 1.5) 'INGMAR_BERGMAN'
> (in this case it is a film on a dvd).
> Check you system log to see that there isn't something strange
> happening.
>
> Now, to mount the disk, you need a data cd or dvd, you cannot
> mount an audio cd (though you can rip it).
> And check that the relevant filesystems are available, in
> the source under "File systems"->"CD-ROM/DVD Filesystems",
> and in the config file:
> For data cds:
> # grep ISO9 /boot/config-4.19.277-rt122-rt
> CONFIG_ISO9660_FS=y
> For dvds:
> # grep UDF /boot/config-4.19.277-rt122-rt
> CONFIG_UDF_FS=y
> and possible:
> # grep JOLI /boot/config-4.19.277-rt122-rt
> CONFIG_JOLIET=y
> # grep ZISO /boot/config-4.19.277-rt122-rt
> CONFIG_ZISOFS=y
> Without the driver for the filesystem, you cannot mount it.
>
> Try to mount it manually:
> # mount /dev/scd0 /mnt/
> mount: /mnt: WARNING: source write-protected, mounted read-only.
> # ls /mnt/
> AUDIO_TS VIDEO_TS
> # mount | grep scd0
> /dev/scd0 on /mnt type udf (ro,relatime,utf8)
> #
>
> no scd or sr only sg

tried # mount /dev/sg0 /mnt/
followed by # dmesg