:: Re: [DNG] Soundsystem occaionally a…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: tito
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] Soundsystem occaionally available after upgrade to Daedalus
On Mon, 19 Aug 2024 16:39:31 -0400
Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 19, 2024 at 09:38:35PM +0200, tito via Dng wrote:
> > On Mon, 19 Aug 2024 10:25:09 -0400
> > Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:

> > > I quite agree. I too suspect timing issues during boot.

> > > I quite agree.
> > > What I do now, is reboot until I get sound. Usually one reboot suffices.
> > >
> > > If I knew how to track device recognition during boot, I might be more helpful.
> > >
> > > -- hendrik
> >
> > Hi,
> > you could try:
> >
> > 1)  to add the relevant modules to /etc/modules.
> >       This file contains the names of kernel modules
> >       that should be loaded at boot time, one per line.
> >       You should check the module dependencies
> >       with lsmod so to make them load in the correct
> >       order e.g:

> Is there a way to find out in what order the modules *were* loaded?

Yes, by looking at the third field "Used by"
the correct loading order can be determined.

BTW if I recall correctly the modules
when loaded automatically trigger the loading
of the other (sub-/sup-)modules, so the full
list may not be necessary.

lsmod | grep "Used by"; lsmod | grep snd
Module                  Size  Used by
snd_hda_codec_hdmi     81920  1
snd_hda_codec_realtek   172032  1
snd_hda_codec_generic    98304  1 snd_hda_codec_realtek
ledtrig_audio          16384  1 snd_hda_codec_generic
snd_hda_intel          57344  3
snd_intel_dspcfg       36864  1 snd_hda_intel
snd_intel_sdw_acpi     20480  1 snd_intel_dspcfg
snd_hda_codec         184320  4 snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec_realtek
snd_hda_core          122880  5 snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_codec_realtek
snd_hwdep              16384  1 snd_hda_codec
snd_pcm               159744  4 snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_core
snd_timer              49152  1 snd_pcm
snd                   126976  14 snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hwdep,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_timer,snd_pcm
soundcore              16384  1 snd