:: Re: [DNG] Soundsystem occaionally a…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: tito
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Soundsystem occaionally available after upgrade to Daedalus
On Mon, 19 Aug 2024 10:25:09 -0400
Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 19, 2024 at 06:14:58AM -0400, Ken Dibble wrote:
>
> > I am nowhere near smart enough or informed enough about the inner workings
> > of most things, much less the linux boot process.  I documented in another
> > thread that I had problems with messaging showing up in the log files which
> > mysteriously disappeared with (what I believe to be) no other changes.  I
> > believe that your experience would tend to lend credence to the notion that
> > there are timing issues in the boot process with certain configurations.
>
> I quite agree. I too suspect timing issues during boot.
>
> > Unfortunately that does not help fix the underlying issues.
>
> I quite agree.
> What I do now, is reboot until I get sound. Usually one reboot suffices.
>
> If I knew how to track device recognition during boot, I might be more helpful.
>
> -- hendrik

Hi,
you could try:

1)  to add the relevant modules to /etc/modules.
      This file contains the names of kernel modules
      that should be loaded at boot time, one per line.
      You should check the module dependencies
      with lsmod so to make them load in the correct
      order e.g:

lsmod | grep snd
snd                   126976  14 snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hwdep,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_timer,snd_pcm
soundcore              16384  1 snd

/et/modules
soundcore
snd
snd_hda_codec_generic
snd_hda_codec_hdmi
snd_hwdep
snd_hda_intel
snd_hda_codec
snd_hda_codec_realtek
snd_timer
snd_pcm

2) rebuild the kernel with the modules built-in
     to make the hardware be recognized even sooner.
     This is not always possible as some code could
     only be built as module, so check first
     with make menuconfig.

Hope this helps.

Ciao,