:: Re: [DNG] My problem with dev.devua…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] My problem with dev.devuan.org.
On Sat, Aug 17, 2024 at 08:44:25AM -0400, R A Montante, Ph.D. via Dng wrote:
> On 8/16/24 23:17, dng-request@??? wrote:
> > Unfortunately Linux is much less user friendly these days than it used
> > to be...
>
> I never expected to see this statement.

Me neither.

In my case, it's a matter of connman taking over a service
(DNS caching) that isn't its promary concern. Telling the system where
to go for DNS resolution (by updating resolv.conf) is within its domain,
because the wifi access pint gets to advise about a DNS resolver, but
caching -- with no method for the system manager to edit the cache -- is
properly the doimain of another subsystem,

It's a case of breaking modularity. Of not just doing one thing and
doing it well.

Coukd this be considered becoming user-hostile by trying to be (wrongly)
user-friendly?

-- hendrik