:: Re: [DNG] very OT Void Linux Presen…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Simon Walter
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] very OT Void Linux Presentation at Phoenix LUG, 7/11/2024 7PM Mountain Standard Time
On 2024-07-11 16:14, tito via Dng wrote:

> < start of very off-topic>
> Hi,
>
> it seems to me this is another form of the disease of the century
> better known as social media outrage, here in minor form due to
> the slower email media used.
> To my friends that found the announcement off-topic I would like
> to ask if they agree that by communicating their dislike for the
> the topic they made it even a bigger topic where some list
> members felt forced to take sides thus igniting a still ongoing
> chain reaction?
> What is wrong with just ignoring a post you didn't care about?

I totally agree with this. I thought that was considered "netiquette" -
the norm among civilized "netizens".

>From my PoV, Steve encourages this type of reaction because he does it

himself so "enthusiastically" - if I may be allowed to abuse that word.

I admit, I do *feel* like treating him the same, but I know it will just
waste my energy and hurt others.

> You understand that this form of quarrels just for the sake of
> quarrelling can harm our understaffed community project more
> than doing any good to it?

Yup, gotta get back to work.