:: [DNG] Report after a Devuan 5 insta…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Stephane Ascoet
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: [DNG] Report after a Devuan 5 installation in french
Hi, since the beginning, I've always put my own and family computers,
under Devuan via a migration from the last
"non-fully--Poteering-Gnomized" Debian to Devuan Jessie. In the last few
days, I made an complete install of Devuan 5 for a colleague who is one
of the few m$window$ized of her service. Firstly, I'm not a big fan of
the now-new absence of desktop-installation-without-live media.
Secondly, there was numerous bugs and inconsistences in the installer.
After several tries, I finally succeeded. Thirdly, here are the main
points I want to point out(I'm not accusing anyone, it's *just a report*
for general information):
- I set a "/" FS of twelve GB, thinking it was very big. But, after KDE
Plasma installation, it's finally a little tiny.
- The UEFI of this laptop may be malfunctioning, I had to put
"\EFI\debian\grubx64.efi" manually in it, and then, at each boot we have
to validate "Customized boot";
- I had to install the almost-mandatory "localepurge", "xfsutils",
"console-data"(without it the french keyboard wasn't set in TTYs) and Gdmap;
- Happily I kept Slim for managing session, even with KDE Plasma
installed. Theirs manager, witch I tried, was awful.
- The user wants her session opened at launch(under KDE Plasma of
course). I edited "slim.conf", and additionally, the dirty hack(not
documented, found on the Web) of putting "/usr/bin/startplasma-x11" in
the ~user/.xsession
- The default KDE graphical packages manager plasma-discover stopped
working after an update, so I installed Apper;
- At each package management operation, the message "Repository
'http://deb.devuan.org/merged daedalus-security InRelease' changed its
'Label' value from 'Devuan Security' to 'Devuan-Security'" appears, and
quick searches on the Web, including Devuan forums, didn't help
--
Sincerely, Stephane Ascoet