:: Re: [DNG] help with docker - runnin…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Olaf Meeuwissen
Dátum:
Címzett: Lorenz
CC: dng
Új témák: [DNG] What's wrong with apt-get upgrade? Was: help with docker - running entrypoint as root, [DNG] State of runit: was: help with docker - running entrypoint as root
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] help with docker - running entrypoint as root
Hi Lorenz,

I saw that Nick's reply already solved your issues but wanted to comment
on something not directly related to that.

Lorenz via Dng <dng@???> writes:

> [...]
> I'm using the follwing dockerfile:
>
> --------------------------------
> # dockerfile for runit-services testsuite
> #
> FROM debian:sid
> MAINTAINER plorenzo@???
>
> RUN apt-get update -q -q && apt-get upgrade --yes

Rather that running apt-get upgrade (which is generally advised against
IIRC), I would rebuild your runit-testsuite image regularly with --pull.
The debian:sid images are updated every three or four weeks by the looks
of the Docker Hub tags for sid.

Alternatively, you could use the devuan/devuan:ceres images. These are
updated whenever there is at least one upgradable package. That check
is done on a daily basis.

Full disclosure: I maintain the devuan/devuan images :-)

> # Install runit + runit-init
> RUN dpkg -r --force-remove-protected init
> RUN apt-get install -y --no-install-recommends runit
> RUN apt-get install -y runit-init
> #RUN apt-get remove -y libnss-systemd
> #RUN apt-get install -y runit-services getty-run
>
> #install standalones alternatives to systemd
> RUN apt-get install -y libpam-elogind dbus-x11
> RUN apt-get install -y opensysusers systemd-standalone-tmpfiles
>
> #testsuite as service: TODO
>
> # launch runit as init system
> ENTRYPOINT ["/sbin/init"]
> [...]