:: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan orig tarbal…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Amin Bandali
To: Mark Hindley
CC: devuan-dev
Oggetto: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan orig tarballs
Hi,

Mark Hindley wrote:

[...]
>  2) Use pristine-tar to ensure orig tarballs are binary equivalent and tolerate
>     the binary blobs in git.

[...]

I favour option 2, to adopt pristine-tar in Devuan and use it for our
packages. As mentioned by Plasma, the overhead is fairly negligible
(thanks to deliberate decisions in the design and implementation of
pristine-tar), and in my opinion the benefits well outweigh the costs.

I've used and interacted with pristine-tar for about all of the
packages I maintain individually or as part of a team in Debian,
and I've never regretted the decisions to do so.

-a