:: Re: [devuan-dev] SLiM 1.4.0 problem…
Góra strony
Autor: Ralph Ronnquist
Dla: devuan-dev
Temat: Re: [devuan-dev] SLiM 1.4.0 problem with multiple monitors
On Sun, Jun 30, 2024 at 07:52:37AM -0300, sawbona@??? wrote:
> Hello:
>
> On 30 Jun 2024 at 6:52, Ralph Ronnquist wrote:
>
> > ... there's the -configure parameter ...
> That's the first thing I tried.
>
> I have never seen it to work properly save in very simple
> configurations. ie: a skeleton of sorts albeit with quite a few bones
> missing.
>
> eg: at boot time, it only sees one of my cards which means just two
> of the three monitors, generating a basic configuration for that
> hardware.
>
> When the boot process is complete, the nouveau driver which
> (thankfully) does not use Xinerama and works quite well, configures a
> large screen with the three monitors from the get go, just have to
> enable the third monitor via xrandr and that's it.
>
> Ideally, xorg would have a way to 'export' / dump the xorg.conf it
> has generated to serve up a working configuration along with nouveau.

I'm a little confused about what you say here. It's supposed to
present the auto configuration when, after having X started, you shift
to a different VT and as root run eg "X :2 -configure". That second
run of X supposedly does the same thing(s) as the first run of X but
end up writing out its configuration rather than actually starting. It
doesn't do that for you?