Til: devuan-dev
Emne: Re: [devuan-dev] SLiM 1.4.0 problem with multiple monitors
Hello:

On 30 Jun 2024 at 6:52, Ralph Ronnquist wrote:

> ... there's the -configure parameter ...

That's the first thing I tried.

I have never seen it to work properly save in very simple
configurations. ie: a skeleton of sorts albeit with quite a few bones
missing.

eg: at boot time, it only sees one of my cards which means just two
of the three monitors, generating a basic configuration for that
hardware.

When the boot process is complete, the nouveau driver which
(thankfully) does not use Xinerama and works quite well, configures a
large screen with the three monitors from the get go, just have to
enable the third monitor via xrandr and that's it.

Ideally, xorg would have a way to 'export' / dump the xorg.conf it
has generated to serve up a working configuration along with nouveau.

I have not been able to find out if that is possible.
Unfortunately, documentation is scarce and/or outdated.

Thanks for your input.

Best,

A.