:: Re: [devuan-dev] Is there any possi…
Góra strony
Autor: Ralph Ronnquist
Dla: devuan-dev
Temat: Re: [devuan-dev] Is there any possible way to install Devuan Excalibur onto a SiFive RISC-V UnMatched board?
On Sat, Jun 29, 2024 at 10:48:03PM -0400, Dennis Clarke wrote:
> That looks like something to do with QEMU. I guess that is a way to go
> from AMD64 to RISC-V via emulation but not really the creation of an
> actual "installer" image that anyone could use.
>
> I will need to dig around and do all the usual flailing. Thank you for
> the pointers that are not NULL :)

Ah. Yes I misunderstood. THe current devuan installer ISOs are built
from https://git.devuan.org/devuan/installer-iso.gt execpte for the mini
iso which is from https://git.devuan.org/devuan/debian-installer.git

I'm responsible for the installer-iso; "LeePen" for the second.

In both cases it's a matter of building on the target architecture.
The installer-iso uses syslinux (the devuan fork) only for all its
boot variants (no grub) but I'm unsure if that has a risc64 build.

I think the mini.iso building uses grub for its EFI boot but I'm not
as familiar with its setup. It might need a refresh of the fork before
considering a riscv64 variant.

Ralph.