:: Re: [devuan-dev] Is there any possi…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Ralph Ronnquist
Dátum:
Címzett: devuan-dev
Tárgy: Re: [devuan-dev] Is there any possible way to install Devuan Excalibur onto a SiFive RISC-V UnMatched board?
On Sat, Jun 29, 2024 at 06:44:05PM -0400, Dennis Clarke wrote:
> On 6/29/24 17:55, Ralph Ronnquist wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 29, 2024 at 05:29:08PM -0400, Dennis Clarke wrote:

> > >      In any case there is pretty slick support for the SiFive RISC-V
> > > hardware in the baseline Linux kernel as well as a whole slew of
> > > packages that should "just work". At least in theory.

> > >      The trick then, as they say, is the boot loader ( GRUB2 ) and then
> > > the initramfs and goodies for the minimal installer. So I am thinking
> > > that I can certainly do some work on this.

> > >      Also, the same idea goes for IBM POWER9 architecture.

> > You can debootstrap a filesystem on an amd64 using multiarch or just
> > using qemu-user-static + binfmt-support.
> >
> > The boot setup is probably specific for the target device though. I
> > don't have a device to play with.
> >

> Is there documentation for that ?

Note sure. There are some loose tidbits at
https://wiki.debian.org/QemuUserEmulation

My mind has accumulated varous random advice into:

1. Install those two packages.

2. Use the two-stage method for debootstrap; i.e.
   1. use --foreign at first, and
   2. add /usr/bin/qemu-riskv64-static from main host into target (same path)
      # cp /usr/bin/qemu-riskv64-static $TARGET/usr/bin/
   3. then simly chroot into target as
      # chroot $TARGET /debootstrap/debootstrap --second-stage

That'd be all (apart from the mounting etc)

Ralph.