:: Re: [devuan-dev] SLiM 1.4.0 problem…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: sawbona
À: devuan-dev
Sujet: Re: [devuan-dev] SLiM 1.4.0 problem with multiple monitors
Hello:

Here's 'Altoid' from Dev1 again.

> On 30 May 2024 at 13:44, Mark Hindley wrote:
> > Feel free to poke me ...

I solved all problems with SLiM and the three monitors.
Works as I wanted so that was it till the next version arrives.

Truly sorry to bug you with this *other* issue but I have been
trawling the web for answers for a couple of weeks now but to no
avail.

Unfortunately my posts to Phoronix, lists.x.org and Dev1 received no
replies and I find that documentaion (for a case as mine) is rather
lacking.

To make this post as short as possible, here is the problem I have:

https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=6688

If I could figure out how to generate a *complete* xorg.conf file
that does exactly what xorg now does 'automagically', I may be able
to find my way around.

Playing with/ *tweaking* the settings may (eventually) get me a
tearless screen.

I there a way to get xorg to *export* the settings it is using?
The log only says things like this ...

[code]
--- snip ---
(==) No Layout section. Using the first Screen section.
(==) No screen section available. Using defaults.
(==) No monitor specified for screen "Default Screen Section".
--- snip ---
[/code]

... but gives no clue as to what the 'default' actually is.

I'd appreciate it if you could take a moment to point me in the right
direction to ask / look for an answer.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

A.