:: Re: [DNG] OT: Install laravel on de…
Página Inicial
Autor: Hendrik Boom
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] OT: Install laravel on devuan
On Tue, Jun 25, 2024 at 02:59:03PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> Peter Duffy said on Tue, 25 Jun 2024 14:03:48 +0100
>
> >I'm also trying to get
> >into (php-based) web development and working in the MVC code model.
>
> Why MVC? Everyone has a different definition of what goes in Model,
> View and Controller, and my takeaway is that in spite of MVC's original
> good intentions, in the wild it's a confusing mess.

Every time I try to use MVC I find it impossible to cleanly
separate the view from the controller. I need the view's
knowledge how the things on the screen relate to the things
inthe model to interpret what the user does at the terminal.

Separating the model isn't all that difficult.

I have to consider the VC as a bidirectional lens, the two
directions of information flow seem inseparable.

-- hendrik