著者: sawbona
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] systemd and choice
Hello:

On 25 Jun 2024 at 18:20, Peter Duffy wrote:

> ... agree with everything ...

Never doubted that.

>... know where LP works now

*That* should be enough to clear clear up any misconceptions the
general public may have with respect to systemd.

Not to mention people that work on a Linux machine every day.
But then, here we are.

Conventional wisdom says that you either "follow the money" or
"follow the broad".

But it seems that it is not *that* conventional.

> ... presumably not every linux user knows the systemd agenda ...

With all due respect, I would rephrase, leaving out the first word of
the sentence:

Most Linux users ignore and/or don't care (as in don't give a flying
flamingo*) about the systemd agenda nor do they understand that it is
not *a* systemd agenda but *the* MS/IBM/RH agenda.

ie: " ... a decades old, solidly established agenda, not secret or
hidden but in plain sight from the very start."

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNk8ii00IXk

> Some linux users really do ...

Ignorant lemmings.
"It actually cuts a full four seconds from my boot time!!!" 8^D !!!!

All those DHs never looked inside an MS registry, a *.reg file or
had to deal with it all that a basic first tier maintenance scenario.

Or have the slightest clue as to what "do just one thing and do it
well" means.

> ... might help to separate between the two.
> ... trying to work out whether the guy concerned is ...

I was about to ask "what for"? and then read your next line.

Best,

A.