:: Re: [DNG] Yeah, what can even poss…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Martin Steigerwald
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Yeah, what can even possibly go wrong? Deleting /home can go wrong!
Arnt Karlsen - 22.06.24, 06:21:18 CEST:
> > I wrote some software for AmigaOS back in the time, but deleting
> > stuff pointed to by random configuration files never came into my
> > mind as a valid use case for anything. I always had the notion: In
> > case you delete something you need to be extra, extra, extra careful.
>
> ..sounds more than not like a systemd feature:
> Commercially; with /home gone, your average twin hair middle manager
> hits the Big Red Button to get your data back from the Big Blue Bois.
> In litigations, politics etc, things will likely get sneakier, e.g.
> "recovered deleted evidence" of whatever (y)our naughty enemies
> would like all the "fake" news media to feast and/or fester on
> "past Election Day", etc, etc, "etc."

You mean a good feature for quite some of our politicians and people in
their background. How about renaming to systemd-blankslated then? :)
(It would be funny if it would not be so sad.)

Nah, I better stop giving Systemd developers more ideas to put into the
Systemd system building blocks as I remember Lennart used to describe
Systemd with. That is also an interesting development: According to my
memory Lennart advertised Systemd as a init system replacement initially,
yet later wrote something like "no no, it was never mean just as an init
system, but as system building blocks". Nowadays Systemd fans usually
write that Systemd was never meant to be just an init system. As far as I
remember Lennart advertised it as just that initially. Not taking the time
to dig that out at the moment though. So take with a grain of salt. Does
anyone else remember it that way and may have suitable links proving it?

--
Martin