:: Re: [maemo-leste] Maintenance, acti…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Merlijn Wajer
Aan: telepathy, maemo-leste
Onderwerp: Re: [maemo-leste] Maintenance, activity and Maemo Leste
Hi Alexander,

On 21/06/2024 00:09, Alexander Akulich wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm not ready to get back to Telepathy but maybe I can assist in
> upstreaming the changes (I have write access to fd.o Telepathy repos and
> I can do releases, if I recall how to do it).
> Maybe I also can review and merge changes in Qt-based Telepathy projects
> (you can be interested in telepathy-nonsense [1] — QXmpp-based
> connection manager)

Thank you for the reply - and I think we would like to take you up on
this offer. My hope is that we can achieve the following from an
organisational pov:

1. Get some code merged and (eventually) look at releases
2. Perhaps create some 'status' of the various TP connection managers
and clients for 'newcomers' (for example, Maemo Leste's "conversations"
client, named after Maemo Fremantle's "Conversations" client)
3. Make it clear to upstream distros and such that there's still
interest / maintenance going on.
4. (Later) figure out how the TP API can be extended (if necessary) to
accommodate some of the more "modern" IM inventions

That would be of course in addition to improving the various CMs.

I think Ivaylo is gone for another week, but when he's back I am sure he
can comment on the PR that adds MUC to telepathy-haze.

Since my previous email I had indeed found telepathy-nonsense and it
seems basically what I envisioned in my previous email, so it's great to
see that it already exists. I think we'll switch our focus from
telepathy-gabble to telepathy-nonsense instead for XMPP.

There might ultimately down the road also be some advantage to upgrading
telepathy-haze to the work in progress to Pidgin 3.0.0 [1].

Regards,
Merlijn

[1] https://pidgin.im/development/building/3.0.0/