著者: Ralph Ronnquist
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Announce: Xorg testing ground v0.0.2 -- adding FreeBSD and NetBSD support
On Tue, Jun 18, 2024 at 11:18:42AM +0200, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
> Hello friends,
>
> I've just released a new version of the Xorg testing ground (*1), now
> with FreeBSD and NetBSD support :)
>
> The tool detects the host platform automatically and picks the right
> jail/chroot platform based on that. Still that can be configured
> manually in site.cf if needed.
>
> Currently supported platforms:
>
> * GNU/Linux (apt-based)
> * FreeBSD 14
> * NetBSD 10
>
> (feel free to send patches, if you're missing one :))
>
> I'd recommend all Xorg testing volunteers getting in touch with me
> for further coordination and improvements.

For clarity: Devuan has forked Debian's xorg-xserver packaging and
added a seatd extension (so as to avoid the lock-in to logind+dbus).
That software, at git.devuan.org/devuan/xorg-xserver, would be the
software to test and patch aginst most directly useful for Devuan.

I believe the platform indicated here is Debian, and if one really can
suffer using a Debian system as test platform, then it may also be
used together with the Devuan fork of xorg-xerver. It'd be better to
test in a Devuan setup, which I look forward to Enrico providing in
due cause.

Yet, there certainly is still value in finding and correcting ultimate
upstream bugs, if any, as well as engaging in upstream improvements.

Ralph.