著者: Steve Litt
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Yeah, I'm angry
Didier Kryn said on Tue, 18 Jun 2024 12:04:53 +0200

>Le 17/06/2024 à 17:28, Steve Litt a écrit :
>> Once I made a systemd system on 2010 hardware with spinning rust, and
>> it booted up in about 2 seconds with systemd.
>
>     2s! I don't believe it. Or it is an illusion, like in windows,
>where the image of the desktop is there almost immediately but the
>machine is non-responsive while the startup continues in the
>background and takes minutes. Anyway,  firmware + Grub take at least
>10s, no?

My memory of the 2 second boot comes from, as I remember, my Manjaro
Experiments
(https://troubleshooters.com/linux/init/manjaro_experiments). However,
I can't find any contemporaneous writings about this, so it could be a
false memory.

Because, if it occurred at all, it occurred during my Manjaro
Experiments, consider the following:

* The boot was only to CLI, not to GUI.

* There was probably no initramfs, which is very slow to run.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://444domains.com