:: Re: [DNG] [OT]What is an init syste…
Góra strony
Autor: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
Dla: Simon Walter, dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] [OT]What is an init system?
On 14.06.24 20:07, Simon Walter wrote:

Hi,

>>> I'm in the survival control group ;)
>>
>> Me too. I'm also in the control group of the recent generic
>> experiments few years ago - Linus already had been ranting against
>> me for this - IIRC that also made it to the news ;-)
>> (some people here probably remembering this)
>
> Ah, so that was you. lol

yeah :)

> I am so proud of those following The Science so closely.

Yes. Science. Reproducable, testable experiments with actual
measurements (and considering the inherent error of the measurement)

I've really been shocked how many supposedly "scientific" people were
just *believing* this pseudo-science like RT-PCR tests for infection
diagnosis - even with 45 cycles (massively overdriven!). Real engineers,
just have to know the basic principle of this test, and immediately know
that it's just measuring the measurement. The chances of catching up
ghosts whispering in radio background noise are much higher than getting
an accurate and useful result of Drostinoccio's funny test.

But today, it's enough appearing in a white lab coat and people believe
you anything ... maybe we should use that for our purpose:

make some video shows on systemd or wayland, wearning white lab coats
and big glasses (anybody here with an academic grade, no matter which,
even theology would be fine ;-)).

> As for Xorg, I have a day job which requires me to use my computer. So I
> don't have time to experiment on my temperament by using Wayland,
> systemd, PulseAudio, Network Manager, and a few other ground breaking
> programs.

Same here. That's also why I've stepped into maintaining Xorg (hell
freezing over, I'm even considering taking care of the Xwin32 :o)
The cool part here, I've now started coping with more exotic OS'es
I haven't touched before.

> I might have to add Thunderbird and Firefox to the list if the
> Mozilla leadership keep being so open and honest. Their altruism is
> truely outstanding.

My personal experience with them wasn't so well - but it's been aeons
when I've tried submitting anything there - maybe it's better now.

--mtx

--
---
Hinweis: unverschlüsselte E-Mails können leicht abgehört und manipuliert