:: Re: [DNG] Yeah, I'm angry
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Simon Walter
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Yeah, I'm angry
On 2024-06-15 13:18, karl@??? wrote:
> Peter Duffy:
>> It always starts me thinking about the rollout of communism in Russia
>> in the early part of the 20th century. "Here's this wonderful new way
> The same with churches in the medieval times and other religions.

I get the gist, but I prefer nuanced discussion and hence felt the need
to discuss.

It's not quite the same because there is some moral reasoning in many
religions against "other" opinions. Whereas with communism, there cannot
be a claim to morality.

In some recent (-20 years) film, there was some utopian society that
wasn't optional. There were reasons given for it's enforcement. That
could be considered similar to religion. The reasons in the film were
not about morals, but about "Science". ;)

I assume the medieval churches you are speaking of are European. "other
religions" is vague. You can get into more details if you like. Voodoo?
Scientology? Mohammedanism? There's too many to list, but not all don't
let you leave. So there is that.

I would say many want to out source their thinking and decision making.
These are the enemy of freedom.

So it is with software. I would recommend Apple products for those who
want to relinquish control and who hate choice. There is a popular trend
in software development called "opinionated software". That mindset has
taken a foothold in the FOSS world. Screw that. I have an opinion, and
it's different from everybody's. The monoculture can gloat without me.