:: [DNG] About Gentoo (was Yeah, I'm a…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: karl
À: dng
Anciens-sujets: Re: [DNG] Yeah, I'm angry
Sujet: [DNG] About Gentoo (was Yeah, I'm angry)
Kevin Chadwick:
> 15 Jun 2024 16:08:54 Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@???>:
>
> > Well.. Gentoo is pretty popular, and goes with rc - systemd optional.
> >  Someone there might have a few things to say.
>
> Gentoo already had OpenRC and systemd/udev broke musl libc. [...]

Gentoo allows you to run with static dev, i.e. without udev, atleast
before xorg skipped the keyboard and mouse drivers.
Some widget sets depends on udev, I guess just because they want
usb-disk mounting from their file browser.

Dito, it doesn't need dbus, except firefox which terminates when I kill
the dbus server.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar