:: Re: [DNG] [OT] which BSD?
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Martin Steigerwald
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] [OT] which BSD?
Adrian Zaugg - 14.06.24, 12:22:06 CEST:
> In der Nachricht vom Friday, 14 June 2024 10:53:30 CEST schrieb al3xu5
> via Dng:
> > But I have an unused laptop available, and I am curious to try a BSD
> > OS.
> Try DragonFly BSD, it has some unique concepts and seems to be carried
> by a good community. As a surplus their Logo is nice... :-)
>
> https://www.dragonflybsd.org/

Matt Dillon has been working I think on the DICE C compiler for the Amiga
before. I did not test it so far, however from reading I thought it has
some interesting and quite unique approaches. The have their own
filesystem, HAMMER 2 meanwhile.

https://www.dragonflybsd.org/features/

Really interesting system, but I did not test it so far.

I expect the amount of FreeBSD users to be much higher, so it may be
easier to find help with FreeBSD, but well that depends very much on the
community. Devuan does not have as many users as Ubuntu or Debian, but
still a very helpful community. IMHO even more helpful than some of the
Debian communities.

--
Martin