Til: devuan developers internal list
Emne: Re: [devuan-dev] bug#850: Daedalus->Excalibur upgrade - usrmerge fails on libsane1
On 2024-06-09 13:02, sachy wrote:

> Totally agree on need to specify the correct steps in big, bold text in
> the Release notes. Lot of people will ignore/forget it anyway...
>
> Regards,
> sachy

Please note that an announcement/caution titled "UsrMerge Status:
Testing/Excalibur and more" was posted to the Devuan website (including
a link on the index page), mailing lists and forum etc. in February:

https://www.devuan.org/os/announce/excalibur-usrmerge-announce-2024-02-20.html

It wasn't in bold text but we tried to inform users that upgrading to
Excalibur required special handling and was a WIP.

Sadly, many have been burned by assuming it was business as usual . . .

golinux