著者: Mark Hindley
To: sachy, 850
題目: [devuan-dev] bug#850: Daedalus->Excalibur upgrade - usrmerge fails on libsane1
Control: reassign -1 devuan-project
Control: severity -1 critical
Control: Document Daedalus->Excalibur usrmerge before upgrade in Release Notes

Sachy,

Thanks for taking the time to report this.

I have been unable to reproduce in a daedalus VM with libsane1
installed. However, I suspect it is an ordering thing. I think users will need

1) apt install usrmerge/daedalus
2) sed -i s/daedalus/excalibur/ /etc/apt/sources.list
3) apt update
4) apt dist-upgrade

That is something we will need to specify clearly in the Release Notes.

But there are still merged-usr changes coming through from ceres which may
simplify that process. When we get to the freeze, we can review further.

I don't think there is a bug in libsane1 as such, so reassigning.

Mark