:: Re: [DNG] Backup methods for Devuan
Página Inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Backup methods for Devuan
Adrian Zaugg said on Thu, 06 Jun 2024 22:45:27 +0200

>A little late to the party with: BackupPC
>
>It's not what you have been asking for but its worth mentioning.
>BackupPC is a backup server solution, which can backup many clients
>(using different methods, one being rsync over ssh). It has a stone
>age WebGUI for controlling all aspects of the backup and for direct or
>indirect restoration of files. It works as well on the local machine.
>The backup pool is deduplicated and compressed.

It sounded good until the deduplication and compression. I view
deduplication and compression as negative parity bits, such that even
in a text file, one flipped bit messes up everything. Is there a way
in BackupPC to disable deduplication and compression?

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21