:: [DNG] runit scripts
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Hendrik Boom
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Παλιά Θέματα: Re: [DNG] Polyfills for Systemd
Αντικείμενο: [DNG] runit scripts
On Wed, Jun 05, 2024 at 05:49:53PM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 03, 2024 at 10:15:54PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> > altoid via Dng said on Sat, 01 Jun 2024 18:16:37 -0300

> > Altoid, you can fix this, by yourself, with 80 hours of work. If you
> > do, even though I'm busier that a 1 legged man in a butt kicking
> > contest, I'll help you with design, documentation and publicity.
> >
> > All you need to do is provide a tarball of runit, stage 2, including
> > run directories most of the daemons you need, in a single directory
> > tree. A lot of this is simply copying the material from
> > https://smarden.org/runit/runscripts . You can also grab and modify
> > slightly the Void Linux' run directories and run scripts.
>
> Looking at https://smarden.org/runit/runscripts and at
> https://github.com/void-linux/runit
> I don't have much of an idea what you're asking to be done.
> I guess I don't yet have enough understanding of runit's source code.
> Where should I find more understanding?

I gather that the various short scripts on https://smarden.org/runit/runscripts
are supposed to go into the various /etc/* directories that describe
a service to runit or daemontools. But I seem to remember that there's
more information needed to fill out one of these directories.

Or have I completely misunderstood it all?

-- hendrik