著者: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Polyfills for Systemd
On Wed, Jun 05, 2024 at 07:25:14PM +0200, dng@??? wrote:
> On 05-06-2024 19:10, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > golinux via Dng - 05.06.24, 17:33:21 CEST:
> > > Oh so easy but . . . Unless someone is willing to collect those init
> > > scripts and put them into the Devuan repository, your solution is purely
> > > theoretical wrt Devuan unless, of course, YOU are volunteering for the
> > > job?! ;)
> > In favor of arguing based on the current state of affairs a few notes:
> >
> > It is called "orphan-sysvinit-scripts", available as a package in Debian
> > and thus Devuan and maintained by the Debian Init Diversity team¹.
> >
> > Anyone can contribute of course. The team can be contacted through a
> > mailing list which "apt show" on the package will reveal.
> >
> > A similar package is available for Runit. It is called "runit-services",
> > available in Debian and thus Devuan as well. Maintained by Lorenzo. I
> > contributed the zcfan service dir to it and intend to contribute a service
> > dir for Incus as well, in case the package maintainer for Incus would not
> > take it.
> >
> > I like that those packages are maintained collaboratively by Debian and
> > Devuan maintainers in the Init Diversity team. That helps to reduce the
> > diff between Debian and Devuan.
> >
> > [1] Arguably maybe not the best name for a team, but no better one was
> > found back then.
> >
> > Best,
>
> Nothing wrong with the name Debian Init Diversity team i.m.o. But the name
> orphan-sysvinit-scripts does not cover the runit scripts you are adding. And
> eventually any other init scripts which will be endangered by systemd. I
> would suggest orphan-non-systemd-scripts or just orphan-init-scripts.

Well, there is already such a package for runit: runit-services.
Of course these runit scripts wouldn't be in a package called orphan-sysvinit-scripts.
That package is fot the sysvinit init system.

I think it is useful to have the various init-script packages labelled with the
name of the init system they are for.

-- hendrik