:: Re: [DNG] Polyfills for Systemd
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: dng@d404.nl
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Polyfills for Systemd
On 05-06-2024 19:10, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Hi!
>
> golinux via Dng - 05.06.24, 17:33:21 CEST:
>> Oh so easy but . . . Unless someone is willing to collect those init
>> scripts and put them into the Devuan repository, your solution is purely
>> theoretical wrt Devuan unless, of course, YOU are volunteering for the
>> job?! ;)
> In favor of arguing based on the current state of affairs a few notes:
>
> It is called "orphan-sysvinit-scripts", available as a package in Debian
> and thus Devuan and maintained by the Debian Init Diversity team¹.
>
> Anyone can contribute of course. The team can be contacted through a
> mailing list which "apt show" on the package will reveal.
>
> A similar package is available for Runit. It is called "runit-services",
> available in Debian and thus Devuan as well. Maintained by Lorenzo. I
> contributed the zcfan service dir to it and intend to contribute a service
> dir for Incus as well, in case the package maintainer for Incus would not
> take it.
>
> I like that those packages are maintained collaboratively by Debian and
> Devuan maintainers in the Init Diversity team. That helps to reduce the
> diff between Debian and Devuan.
>
> [1] Arguably maybe not the best name for a team, but no better one was
> found back then.
>
> Best,

Nothing wrong with the name Debian Init Diversity team i.m.o. But the
name orphan-sysvinit-scripts does not cover the runit scripts you are
adding. And eventually any other init scripts which will be endangered
by systemd. I would suggest orphan-non-systemd-scripts or just
orphan-init-scripts.

Grtz.

Nick