著者: tito
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Polyfills for Systemd
On Mon, 03 Jun 2024 17:06:23 +0200
Martin Steigerwald <martin@???> wrote:

> Hello Charles, hello,
>
> ashigaru53--- via Dng - 02.06.24, 17:27:31 CEST:
> > Martin,
> > Not knowing your use case or reasoning have you looked at lineage-os?
> > No sys-d and based off the AOSP without any google stuff.
> > Lineage-os is currently at #21 using android 14.
> > I use it and it works very well.
>
> I have LineageOS on another device, but privacy-wise it is not the best
> according to:
>
> https://www.kuketz-blog.de/lineageos-weder-sicher-noch-datenschutzfreundlich-custom-roms-teil4/
>
> (German language, so you probably need to run it through some translation.)
>
> I am not sure whether that assessment is 100% accurate… but if I can get
> PostmarketOS to work on the new device, I know I have a Linux system I can
> trust (at least more).

Forget about PostMarketOS as their approach is flawed.
They on parallel try to develop for hundreds of devices
that were old when they started and will be obsolete
before they even will have one of them working
enough to be showcased or to be a daily driver
phone. LineageOS (really CyangenMod)
succeeded because they started developing
for just one device the HTC-Dream at first
and had something to show that worked
and worked well, later on they added
other devices one by one.

Ciao,