著者: al3xu5
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
題目: Re: [DNG] trouble finding cronie
Fri, 31 May 2024 14:37:16 +0200 - Radisson <Radisson97@???>:

> Am 29.05.24 um 17:49 schrieb al3xu5:
> > Hi Radisson
> >
> > Wed, 29 May 2024 11:44:50 +0200 - Radisson via Dng <dng@???>:
> >
> >> Hello List,
> >> i am running Devuan-oldstable (yes, i know). Worked fine so far but now
> >> i need cronie (for some features that cron does not have).
> >> I have compiled the current version, but i wonder why i could not find
> >> a version for devuan.
> >
> > I think it's because it's not available in Debian stable (from which
> > almost all Devuan packages are imported), but it's only there for testing
> > and unstable:
> > https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=all&searchon=names&keywords=cronie
> > so that cronie should be availale also in the next Devuan releases.
> >

> > Some cronie versions which could also work with Devuan (they should still
> > have the sysv initscript), are available in the ubuntu repositories:
> > https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=cronie&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all
> >

> ok, not my bad. But i wondering what is the problem ...

if you mean why cronie is not available in the current release of Debian (and
Devuan), I do not know (maybe some conflict with another package (cron)?)...

I suggest you could try the cronie 1.6.1-8 ubuntu package, which I suppose
could work with current stable Devuan:
https://packages.ubuntu.com/mantic/cronie

> Yes the init is still there and working.

:-)

> NTL i could contribute what i have now, but i have no clue how to make a
> deb-packet from the source.

A tricky way to generate a cronie 1.7.2 deb package that can work with the
current stable release could be something of this sort (WARNING:
written quickly... there may be inaccuracies...):

- update/upgrade system
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get upgrade

- install dev tools packages (if needed) such as:
$ sudo apt-get install gcc g++ make patch perl python unzip zip
$ sudo apt-get install autoconf automake build-essential debhelper devscripts
dpkg-dev fakeroot gdb-minimal libc6 libc6-dev libtool intltool pbuilder
pkg-config

- create a working-base directory
$ mkdir working_base
$ cd working_base

- create a debpkg subdirectory
$ mkdir debpkg

- download Debian trixie deb package (using curl or wget or whatelse you
prefer) to the debpkg subdirectory, from (select the preferred mirror)
https://packages.debian.org/trixie/amd64/cronie/download

- extract files from the deb package to a debfiles subdirectory of the
debpkg directory
$ dpkg-deb -R cronie_1.7.2-1_amd64.deb ./debpkg/debfiles

- download cronie sources (using curl or wget or whatelse you prefer) to your
$ working_base directory, from
https://github.com/cronie-crond/cronie/releases/download/cronie-1.7.2/cronie-1.7.2.tar.gz

- unpack
tar -zxvf cronie-1.7.2.tar.gz

- cd to the unpacked folder
cd cronie-1.7.2

- look at the available build-time options:
$ ./configure --help

- run configure
$ ./configure <options>

where <option> are the build-time options you want (maybe you do not need any)

example:
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-pam --with-inotify

maybe you will have some error during the config... check if all the requested
library and dev packages are installed...

- run make
$ make

- create a subdirectory for the build in the cronie-1.7.2 directory
$ mkdir build

- run make install in the build subdirectory to create standalone binaries
under the build subdir
$ make install DESTDIR=<absolute_path_to_subdir_build>

now you should have a usr subdirectory under the build...

- cd back to the working-base directory

- delete the usr subdirectory under working_base/debpkg/debfiles and
relplace it with the usr subdirectory under the build: you have replaced
the binaries of Debian trixie with those you have built for your system!

- look at the size of working_base/debpkg/debfiles which is the number in the
last output row of
$ du debpkg/debfiles

- using a text editor, replace the 'Installed-Size:' value in the
working_base/debpkg/debfiles/DEBIAN/control file

- you could also change the 'Version:' from 1.7.2-1 to 1.7.2-1.1

- finally create your "customized" cronie deb package
$ dpkg-deb --root-owner-group \
--build <absolute_path_to_working_base>/debpkg/debfiles \
cronie_1.7.2-1.1_amd64.deb

But, again... I would simply try using the cronie 1.6.1-8 ubuntu package first

Regards
alexus

--
The only way humans have learned to survive brings them to extinction.
Public GPG/PGP key: 8FC2 3121 2803 86E9 F7D8 B624 DA50 835B 2624 A36B