Til: maemo-leste
Emne: Re: [maemo-leste] n900 installation
Hi Andres,

On 31/05/2024 11:28, amp-maemo@??? wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Read the wiki https://leste.maemo.org/Nokia_N900
>
> I am assuming that working freemantle installation means that I can
> access the operating system normally? My particular case is that it is
> probably working but I have a pin set 10 years ago that I do not
> remember. Does that mean that I should go through the quick version of
> the installation?

I definitely would recommend the quick version. So you can run Maemo
Leste on your N900 (or at least try it) without touching Fremantle at
all. This involves using 0xFFFF to temporarily load our u-boot version
and then booting to Maemo Leste on the microsd card.

Please be advised that especially on first boot (but typically a bit
after boot in general) the N900 is a little slow with Leste, but we're
working on further improving this currently - we know what tweaks to
make and just have to push them to the repos.

The lock code will also be honoured by Maemo Leste, but I think if you
remove this script it will just boot normally and not ask for a lock code:

/etc/X11/Xsession.d/04devlock-blocker

and then when you're in you can try to recover the lock code if you're
so inclined [1] [2], you might have to tweak the scripts and such though.

Regards,
Merlijn

[1] https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91335
[2]