:: Re: [DNG] What is an init system?
Kezdőlap
Szerző: karl
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] What is an init system?
Ralf Ronnquist:
> On Thu, May 30, 2024 at 08:15:19PM +0200, karl@??? wrote:

> Unfortunately debian's 6.7 kernel doesn't have /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug :(

Ok, my bad, mdev -d supports the netlink variant of doing this.

> > and possible add mdev -s to fill /dev.
> I guess I'll then also need to get a good /etc/mdev.conf in order to
> have "mdev -s" load disk drive modules?

https://git.busybox.net/busybox/tree/util-linux/mdev.c line 120:
/* "mdev -s" scans /sys/class/xxx, looking for directories which have dev
* file (it is of the form "M:m\n"). Example: /sys/class/tty/tty0/dev

So, I guess mdev only makes dev files for loaded modules and that you
need to load them beforehand.

> Is there a "standard" /etc/mdev.conf somewhere?

Though I don't know if it is helpful, there is:
https://git.busybox.net/busybox/tree/examples/mdev.conf

Regards,
/Karl Hammar