:: [DNG] Devuan package repository
Página Inicial
Autor: Antony Stone
Para: dng
Assunto: [DNG] Devuan package repository
Hi.

Would anyone mind explaining to me how the Devuan package repository works?

My understanding is that it actually contains only the packages which have
been forked by Devuan, and any packages which are systemd-free in Debian are
simply "linked-through" in some way so that accessing the repository at
http://deb.devuan.org/merged gives the combined Devuan (if forked) and Debian
(if not forked) packages.

I assume this is the origin of the path "merged" in the URL.

How has that been done, please?

I have modified some Debian packages in ways nothing to do with systemd, and I
currently assign them slightly different version numbers from Debian's, and
then pin them on the machines I want to use them on so that they don't get
"upgraded" to a newer version of the Debian package which doesn't have my
modifications.

However, if I could simply set up my own repository which contains my packages
and passes through requests for anything else to the Devuan repository, this
could make life quite a bit easier (and more consistent).

So, assuming my basic understanding of how this works is correct, can anyone
explain to me how it's been done please?

Antony.

--
"Can you keep a secret?"
"Well, I shouldn't really tell you this, but... no."

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.